Latest News

TMCNet:  Infonetics Research: Ethernet Access Device (EAD) Market to Grow 81% from 2012 to 2016

[May 24, 2012]

Infonetics Research: Ethernet Access Device (EAD) Market to Grow 81% from 2012 to 2016

CAMPBELL, Calif. --(Business Wire)--

The Ethernet access device market grew 17% in 2011 over 2010 and is forecast to grow 81% between 2012 and 2016, reports market research firm Infonetics Research in its new Ethernet Access Devices (EADs) market size, market share, and forecast report.

"The Ethernet access device market is growing nicely as a direct reflection of carrier Ethernet connections to businesses, backhaul from buildings and DSLAMs, and as a growing broadband and mobile backhaul application," notes Michael Howard, principal analyst for carrier networks and co-founder of Infonetics Research.

ETHERNET ACCESS DEVICES MARKET HIGHLIGHTS

  • The key trend driving demand for Ethernet access devices (EADs) is rapid service provider rollout and customer uptake of Ethernet connections and services
  • Fiber EADs currently make up 70% of all EAD purchases; copper EADs (Ethernet over TDM bonded circuit, or EoTDM EADs, and Ethernet First Mile bonded copper, or EFM EADs), make up the remaining 30%
  • Copper has an important, albeit limited, role for Ethernet services, because, while many operators are moving to fiber as they upgrade building sites and mobile backhaul from TDM to Ethernet, copper solutions fit in many places where the expense of fiber is not justified
  • Ciena overtook ADVA (News - Alert) as the global leader in Ethernet access device revenue market share in 2011, thanks mainly to Ciena's large mobile backhaul contracts, particularly in North America
  • Actelis (News - Alert) leads the fast-growing EFM bonded copper EAD segment
  • In 2011, consolidation finally occurred in the EAD market, with notable M&A activity like Overture's merger with Hatteras and TELCO Systems' acquisition of ANDA's assets

REPORT SYNOPSIS

Infonetics' (News - Alert) new biannual Ethernet Access Devices report provides worldwide and regional market size, vendor market share, analysis, and forecasts for fiber EADs, EFM bonded copper EADs, and EoTDM copper EADs, as well as copper and fiber EAD port counts (100M, 1G, 10G). Companies tracked include Actelis, ADVA, ANDA, ECI, Ericsson, Fujitsu, Hatteras, IPITEK, MRV, NexComm, OneAccess, Overture, Positron, RAD, Tellabs, Telco Systems, Technicolor (News - Alert), Zhone, and others. To buy report, contact Infonetics sales.

RELATED MARKET RESEARCH

UPCOMING MARKET RESEARCH

See CARRIER ROUTING, SWITCHING, AND ETHERNET http://www.infonetics.com/login for report highlights, tables of contents, etc.

TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT SALES:

N. America (West), Asia, Latin America: Larry Howard, larry@infonetics.com, +1-408-583-3335

N. America (East), Texas, Midwest: Scott Coyne, scott@infonetics.com, +1-408-583-3395

Europe, Middle East, Africa: George Stojsavljevic, george@infonetics.com, +44-755-488-1623

Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp

Infonetics Research (News - Alert) (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete effectively.

Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=50289193&lang=en


[ Back To www.mobilitytechzone.com\broadband-stimulus's Homepage ]

FOLLOW MobilityTechzone

Subscribe to MobilityTechzone eNews

MobilityTechzone eNews delivers the latest news impacting technology in the Wireless industry each week. Sign up to receive FREE breaking news today!
FREE eNewsletter
Out in the Field Where SuperWiFi is Real!
Andy Mancone Director of Marketing and Sales at KTS Wireless Talks about the opportunities to support solutions that support Rural implementations including Agriculture.
Super WiFi Share the Gain with out the Pain
The precedents are being set to change spectrum policy forever in TV WhiteSpaces. Learn about the Spectrum Use Databases and the concepts of Spectrum Sharing with us in Austin Oct 2-5
Interview with VPI Systems
TMC's Rich Tehrani speaks with Russ Green, Senior Vice President of Marketing and Product Management for VPI Systems
Interview with Thrupoint
TMC's Paula Bernier speaks with David Jodoin, Chief Strategy Officer for Thrupoint
Interview with Nuance
TMC's Erik Linask speaks with Christy Clark Murfitt, Sr Manager of Solutions Mktg, Enterprise Division for Nuance