MICROSOFT: Windows 7 and Microsoft Hardware: Better Together
REDMOND, Oct 30, 2009 (M2 PRESSWIRE via COMTEX) --
Wash Windows 7 is now broadly available to the public, and to celebrate this launch Microsoft Hardware is offering deals on some of its innovative products that help make everyday tasks faster and easier with the new operating system. Consumers all over the world are celebrating the availability of Windows 7 by hosting their own launch parties from Oct. 22 through today, and party hosts have been able to receive virtual coupon books to share with their guests, which are filled with exciting offers on several products. These offers are now available to people who didn't host a party so everyone has the opportunity to take advantage of the deals.
Deals from Microsoft Hardware include discounts on the latest products, including LifeCam Cinema, Wireless Laser Desktop 6000 and Explorer Mini Mouse. Information on these hardware deals can be found at http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/windows7/promos/launch-party .
Everyday Tasks Made Easy
These featured products, as well as Microsoft Hardware's entire current line of mice, keyboards, LifeCams, gaming devices and notebook accessories, are fully compatible with Windows 7. 1 Several Microsoft Hardware products make everyday tasks easier with the following features exclusive to Windows 7:
* Taskbar Favorites. Using many Microsoft keyboards, people can easily access their open programs by mapping keys to the location of applications on the improved Windows Taskbar. The icons in the Taskbar can be easily rearranged just by clicking and dragging, and Taskbar Favorites will instantly adapt to the icons' new locations. 2
* Device Stage. Many Microsoft Hardware mouse and keyboard products will support Device Stage, a Windows 7 feature that gives customers quick and easy access to common tasks, including product information, registration, settings and more for popular device categories such as cell phones, cameras, printers, portable media players and input devices.
* Windows Flip. Many Microsoft mouse and keyboard users can easily see a thumbnail preview of all open windows with the press of a button. A full-screen preview of the application will automatically display, enabling the user to better identify and select the desired application.
* Windows Live Movie Maker and Windows Live Photo Gallery. LifeCam users will be able to do more with photos and movies. With Movie Maker they can start a movie project with one click, and then upload video to social networking sites. Photo Gallery access will enable them to easily upload a photo that they can edit, tag and share with friends and family. 2
Availability and Compatibility
* Consumers can take advantage of the Microsoft Hardware discounts starting today. Even those who didn't host a launch party will have access to special Microsoft Hardware offers at http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/specialoffers.mspx .
* When choosing peripherals for their Windows 7-based PCs, consumers can feel confident that many current Microsoft Hardware products are compatible with the new operating system. 1 Microsoft Hardware products tested under Microsoft specifications for compatibility with the new operating system will display a Windows 7 logo on the product.
About Microsoft Hardware
For more than 26 years, the Hardware Group has employed innovative engineering, cutting-edge industrial design and extensive usability testing to create products of exceptional quality and durability that enhance the software experience and strengthen the connection between consumers and their PC. Microsoft Hardware leads the industry in ergonomic engineering, industrial design and hardware/software compatibility, offering consumers an easy, convenient and enjoyable computing experience. In 2008, the Hardware Group debuted the world's most advanced tracking technology
- Microsoft BlueTrack Technology - allowing consumers to track on more surfaces than optical and laser mice. 3 More information about the Hardware Group is available at http://www.microsoft.com/hardware .
Founded in 1975, Microsoft (Nasdaq 'MSFT') is the worldwide leader in software, services and solutions that help people and businesses realize their full potential.
1 Microsoft Fingerprint Reader will not be compatible with Windows 7.
2 These features are exclusive to Microsoft Hardware products.
3 Compared with the leading commercially available mice as of fall 2008. BlueTrack does not work on clear glass or mirrored surfaces.
Note to editors: If you are interested in viewing additional information on Microsoft, please visit the Microsoft Web page at http://www.microsoft.com/presspass on Microsoft's corporate information pages. Web links, telephone numbers and titles were correct at time of publication, but may since have changed. For additional assistance, journalists and analysts may contact Microsoft's Rapid Response Team or other appropriate contacts listed at http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/contactpr.mspx .
CONTACT: Rapid Response Team, Waggener Edstrom Worldwide
Tel: +1 503 443 7070
((M2 Communications disclaims all liability for information provided within M2 PressWIRE. Data supplied by named party/parties. Further information on M2 PressWIRE can be obtained at http://www.presswire.net on the world wide web. Inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
[ Back To MobilityTechzone Homepage's Homepage ]