Looking at the news this week I have been stunned by how many myths have been shattered. I was reading Christian Heilmann’s article about the way people keep comparing HTML5 and native apps and how they are missing the point.
As a curator of the knowledge more than a guru, I apologize for any of my embellishments but let me start with Chris’ list of what HTML5 can do that native apps can’t.
- Write once, deploy anywhere
- Share over the Web
- Built on agreed, multi-vendor standards
- Millions of developers
- Consumption and development tools are the same thing
- Small, atomic updates
- Simple functionality upgrade
- Adaptation to the environment